Transport Planner – Trafford Park – Up to £31,000
Purpose of the role:
To meet customer’s requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and a return for the company.
Up to £31,000 plus overtime
22 days + Bank Holidays
Standard 3% Pension (NEST)
Medical Cash Plan
Alternative shift patterns:
Week 1 – 5:30am-14:30pm
Week 2 – 12:30am-21:00pm
* Additional Saturday AM as overtime as per rota (To be discussed in interview)
- Transport Planner is to communicate effectively in a professional manner with own department customers to ensure their traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booked instructions.
- Route and plan
- drop deliveries – Inbound Pall-Ex
- Route and plan HGV vehicles (18t / artic) – Collections & Deliveries
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness
- Liaise with Courier / Haulage Exchange to ensure 3rd party jobs covered and delivered
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant to confirm to all statutory requirements
- Communicate with all suppliers and stakeholders in the delivery process.
- As Transport Planner you must ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. costing, agreeing charge rates with contractors, queries in accordance with the companies’ requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of IT systems, email, telephone,) with internal and external customers, suppliers and other offices as required by operational procedures.
- Communicate with and pursue customers who have not made recent bookings.
- Planning experience in multi-drop/Pallet network
- UK Distribution experience
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.