Warehouse Manager – Ashby de la Zouch – Up to £40,000
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 09:00am to 17:00pm – Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £40,000
- Day-to-day line management of all Warehouse staff including rota control, managing staff gaps, holiday and sickness
- Complete all warehouse activities correctly and on time including checking for damaged goods, loading and unloading operations including the use of forklift trucks
- Ensure all other operational activities are completed on time and in conjunction with SOPs
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times ensuring all client products are accounted for maintaining accurate electronic records and dispatch of goods
- Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships including assisting with client audits, inspection and collections
- Assist security with CCTV monitoring, fire alarm and intruder alarm issues including instructing staff at times of outage
- Account for, authorise, scrutinise and check for accuracy all invoices prior to submitting for payment.
- Scrutinise all staff timesheets for accuracy including overtime payments prior to submitting for payment Oversee all financial cost capture for the warehouse producing reports as and when required
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in workflow in conjunction with line manager and warehouse handling performance improvements Provide training, supervision and information to all staff and maintain training records for renewal as and when required Oversee maintenance of the canteen facility and welfare provision reporting faults to the facilities manager
- Experience as a Warehouse Manager within a freight environment
- Demonstrate understanding of warehouse management
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrate customer care skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good team working skills
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload with attention to detail
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.