Wine Brand Manager
Wine Brand Manager -Bedfordshire (Hybrid working) – Up to £40,000
Our client, who are a drinks importer and distributor are looking for a Brand Manager to join their team in Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will understand the route to market (for both on and off trade) and able to manage a selection of drink suppliers and brands, including some key brands and maximise their sales.
Previous successful experience in managing key stakeholders in a Brand Management or similar role is required. They expect you to be confident and adaptable when presenting to an audience, commercially aware and highly organised.
Job type: Permanent
- Up to £40,000
- Performance bonus and company profit share scheme
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Manage the overall wine supplier relationship.
- To communicate effectively with the suppliers & brand owners so they understand the UK market and thus provide the tools to maximize their sales opportunity in the UK.
- Pull together a ‘go to Market plan’ for each supplier where appropriate.
- Work with Trade Marketing team in order for them to deliver and activate these plans paying particular notice to supplier visits to the UK and visits to the supplier by salespersons & customers.
- Agree and manage the associated supplier marketing budgets.
- Provide suppliers with a thorough understanding of the UK market and what each supplier needs to do to maximise potential in this market
- To communicate, enthuse and execute initiatives for these suppliers with Trade Marketing and the sales teams.
- To drive external communications with the Communications Manager that develop the brands’ public image and company’s reputation.
- Establish a reporting system with each supplier so that each brand is given the appropriate feedback on their performance within a designated reporting schedule.
- Collate and negotiate supplier pricing, vintage information and availability where applicable on an annual basis for the Buying and Shipping departments.
- Work with generic board and industry organisations to maximise the opportunities for the company’s portfolio.
- Ensure via the Senior Brand Manager, that your suppliers & brands contribute to the overall company’s sales & marketing plan to develop the initiatives, promotions and communications that drive this plan and sell our portfolio.
- Work with the sales teams to initiate tactics and presentations that engage key customers with our range and targets them effectively. This includes organising events to promote the wines.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills – builds productive working relationships.
- Wine knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Some event /Itinerary planning experience
- Flexibility required to work some weekends and evenings
- Ambitious for both the company and themselves
- Experience in managing key stakeholders with the ability to set and deliver strategic objectives
- WSET qualification
- Industry knowledge with an understanding of routes to market, and on and off-trade
- Excel, word, and PowerPoint skills are a must.
- Languages such as French/Spanish/Italian would be advantageous but not required.
WR Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for all vacancies in the logistics industry. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.