Wine Development Manager
Wine Development Manager – Romford – Up to £45,000
Our client are looking for a Wine Development Manager to join their team in Romford, Essex. As Wine Development Manager, you will be responsible for the development of the wine category within their depot cove. As the local ambassadors for the wine range, it is crucial that they have a positive attitude to on-trade wine sales and marry commerciality with excellent wine knowledge.
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: Up to £45,000
- Company Car or car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Opening new wine accounts, working alongside the Account Managers
- Maintaining and updating a live customer prospect list.
- Responsible for making plans within Key Accounts as and when agreed upon.
- Building commercial and interesting wine lists in-line with market trends.
- Maximising profitability by identifying company’s own brand opportunities.
- Presenting a wine slot at each monthly depot meeting.
- Quarterly account reviews with Account Managers
- Training and education of Account Managers
- Local bespoke customer training (National accounts included)
- Management of samples within depot, sample depot budget management
- Working closely with the Depot Manager, Stock Controllers, Telesales and Wine Team.
- Take ownership of Regional Wine Tastings and wine-led events.
- Supporting the company wine business in Key and National accounts and occasionally travelling to their head office
- Completing weekly call logs and sending them to the Line Manager.
- Attending monthly meetings with the Line Manager to discuss sales performance.
- Attending quarterly meetings with the Regional Sales Manager to discuss depot wine performance.
- To be fully prepared for Management, RSM, WDM meetings and 1:1s.
- Support depot in management of depot wine stock (slow moving stock, QA/QC issues etc
Knowledge and Experience:
- Commercial experience in selling wine (on-trade preferred).
- A good track record in sales and meeting growth targets.
- Knowledge of the wine trade and trends
- WSET Level 3 preferred
WR Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for all vacancies in the logistics industry. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.