A medium-sized engineering company delivering mission critical engineering solutions is seeking a Workshop Manager to join their growing team in Winchester.
As the successful Workshop Manager you will report directly to the Head of QHSE & Facilities and will provide safe and efficient leadership, management, and coordination of all workshop operations and personnel.
You will line manage a Workshop Supervisor and a team of Workshop Technicians, ensuring Health and Safety within the workshop is treated as paramount and will manage the assembly, build and test of mechanical plant equipment.
Salary – £40,000
37 hours per week
08:30-17:00 (Monday-Thursday) 08:30-16:30 (Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
- To provide the day-to-day management of all workshop operations.
- To provide the day-to-day management of all workshop personnel including labour forecasting.
- To support the Project Managers in managing and planning the assembly, test, inspection, and site installation aspects of Projects.
- To ensure the workshop remains in compliance with H&S and Environmental legislation.
- To lead on the risk assessment process for workshop activities.
- Coordinate the periodic maintenance of workshop equipment and machines, including maintaining the validity of all certificates (Safety and Technical) and records.
- Responsible and accountable for regular workshop inspections and ensure HSE compliance.
- To process, record and file all documentation relevant to workshops operations.
- To lead the coordination of site works in conjunction with site-works lead and project manager, and workshop supervisor.
- To manage the goods in process including part inspection, and purchasing documentation, and certification documentation.
- To manage the assembly, build and test of mechanical plant equipment.
- Leading by example and becoming hands on when required to finish tasks.
- To ensure that all equipment is safely and efficiently assembled, tested, and inspected.
- Support client site survey, installation, and commissioning activities where and when required.
- Will ideally have a HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Must be eligible for SC clearance.
- Must have previous leadership and management experience.
- Will have previous experience of assembly, testing and inspection within a workshop environment
- Will have good knowledge of Health & Safety principles (IOSH, NEBOSH)
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.