Senior Stress Engineer
Senior Stress Engineer – Winchester – £45,000-£54,000 (DOE)
Senior Stress Engineer required to join a medium-sized engineering company that delivers mission-critical engineering solutions, based near Winchester.
The successful Senior Stress Engineer will have worked in a highly regulated environment, with experience working in machinery manufacturing, material handling equipment manufacturing or integrating machinery and mechanism into structures. The Senior Stress Engineer will also have experience working to British Standards and Eurocodes.
Experience of hand calculations (hand calcs) and knowledge of BS EN 13001, BS 2573 parts 1&2, BS 5950 would be highly advantageous.
Salary – £45,000-£54,000 (DOE)
Working hours Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri 08:30-16:30
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- Work alongside design engineers to ensure designs are fit for purpose
- Identify design solutions to solve problems identified by structural analysis performed.
- Analysis of engineering designs, primarily by hand calculation, backed up with FE analysis if required, across multiple projects.
- Authoring and/or checking of design analysis documentation.
- To be the internal focal point for design analysis completed internally and by subcontractors.
- Positively influence designs during conceptual/scheme stages to ensure structural integrity while considering improvements such as design for manufacture and cost reduction.
- Able to approach analysis pragmatically and efficiently, working with engineers to ensure design for manufacture is realised.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to engineers undertaking design analysis tasks.
- Must be eligible to obtain SC Clearance.
- Must have a demonstrable track record in stress analysis and hand calculations.
- Strong working knowledge of Eurocodes and British Standards, ideally with experience working to BS EN 13001 and BS 2573 parts 1&2, BS 5950..
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.