Business Development Manager
Air/Ocean (BDM) – Yorkshire – Up to £50k + Commission
Are you an experienced Freight Sales person that feels undervalued by your current employer?
Do you have a great sales record with a great client base?
Are you used to selling Air and Ocean Freight?
A successful multi-site Freight Forwarder are looking for a Business Development Manager for their northern region. The company are excellent at looking after their people and offer great progression opportunities. The successful Business Development Manager will have worked for a Freight Forwarder and will have working experience within Key accounts management or Sales. Responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within the Air/Ocean freight
- £40k – £50k Depending on Experience
- Uncapped Commission
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Above standard Pension contributions
- Company Car/Allowance
- Company Mobile Phone
- Discounted Gym membership
- Birthday Off
- Employee representation forum
- Great growth potential
- You will be field based and in the office one day a week.
- You will manage your own diary and develop your own portfolio of opportunities.
- Arrange own meetings and prospect for new business Negotiate sale (price, costs, delivery and specifications) with buyers and close the sale Effectively interact with the Operations team
- 2 years experience in a commercial sales role
- Air & Sea sales and Operations knowledge,
- A proven track record on meeting or exceeding targets.
- Compiling Client proposals and quotations
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience of working with a CRM
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.